Over the Thanksgiving Holiday my little sister made one of the most delectable pastries. Strawberry scones! It’s a tradition that my mom, my sister and I bake during the holidays and this recipe came as a surprise because it didn’t consist of pumpkin or squash. If your in the mood for a breakfast snake, or a late night dessert this is a great treat to whip up! Enjoy!
3 cups all purpose, unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons backing powder
- 1/2 teaspoon backing soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks of cold, unsalted butter cut into tiny pieces
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt, I like to use vanilla for tatse
- 12 frozen strawberries, sliced
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar together. Add the cold pieces of butter and work it into the flour using your hands. Don’t overwork the flour and butter. Mix the yogurt into the Half and Half and add the strawberries. Add the liquid to the flour and mix gently.
- Turn the dough out onto the lightly floured counter. Pat the dough into a square about 1/2 inch thick. Cut the dough into squares and place on a parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.